Objectives: The AAA Committee on the Future of Print and Electronic Publishing is established:
- To recommend policies to AAA’s Anthropological Communication Committee and Finance Committee,
- To mutually advise and consult with the AAA staff, and
- To advise and represent the AAA sections and AAA members
With regard to:
- Broadening the dissemination of anthropological knowledge,
- The future development of AAA’s electronic portal to anthropological materials and
- AAA’s current/ future print & electronic publishing program and related information service programs and initiatives.
Duration of Committee: Permanent. The AAA Association Operations Committee would review the committee at least once every five years, including its scope and charge as part of this process.
Committee Reports to: The Anthropological Communication Committee
Size, Structure & Modalities
The Committee of nine presidentially appointed members includes members knowledgeable in five key functional areas in publishing, two key stakeholder groups and one general seat for publishing content. The objective is for 1/3rd of the initial members to come from ASSC, 1/3rd from AWG and 1/3rd to be new appointments.
The chair is appointed for a two-year term. The “Membership Liaison” member, the “Section Liaison” member, the “Content & Partners” member and the “Finance” member are appointed for three-year terms. All other members are appointed for two-year terms. The president is authorized to extend terms and/ or reappoint members for a second term.
Staff Liaison and contact information:
Oona Schmid, American Anthropological Association, 2200 Wilson Blvd, Suite 600, Arlington, VA 22201, (o) 703/528-1902, (f) 703/528-3546.