Duration of Committee: Permanent
Committee Reports to: The Executive Board
• To provide the AAA Executive Board and AAA Meetings Department information about labor conditions relevant to the EB's decisions about the scheduling of AAA annual meetings at the earliest possible stage of decision-making.
• To provide the AAA Executive Board information about labor conditions relevant to other EB decisions in regard to vendors and subcontractors, to the extent that it is feasible to do so.
• To seek information exchanges with other scholarly associations in regard to the above.
• To communicate regularly with the leadership of the EB, ACC, and AOC regarding significant issues relevant to the CLR’s charge.
• To provide the AAA membership with information about labor conditions relevant to anthropologists through such means as panels, meetings, and articles in the Anthropology Newsletter.
• When appropriate to provide the EB with information about labor conditions relevant to the employment of anthropologists and to advise them about possible positions and actions they might consider with respect to that information.
Terms of office: Three year rotating terms
Membership and Appointment: Seven (7) members, to include
• The Chair and 3 members, one of which will be a student member, will be appointed by the AAA President.
• 3 members will be elected by the membership at-large.
Meetings: Annually at the AAA annual meeting
Contact information: Jason Watkins, Director of Meetings, and Courtney Dowdall, Professional Fellow, American Anthropological Association, 2200 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 600, Arlington, VA 22201, (o) 703/528-1902, (f) 703/528-3546.