Objectives: This committee reviews association administrative issues, academic and external relations, governance issues, membership benefits, section relations, and financial resources.
Duration of Committee: Permanent
Committee Reports to: The Executive Board
- Review new section and interest group applications and monitors continuing eligibility and membership numbers;
- Respond to concerns about the structure of the AAA, especially the liaison between sections, committees, and the AAA administration and memberships;
- Five-year review of all standing committees;
- Reviews AAA member dues and benefits;
- Reviews projects and initiatives of the AAA and the financial resources necessary to carry them out;
- Reviews external relations of the association;
- Reviews Association personnel policies that need action by the Executive Board.
Membership and Appointment: Six members of the executive board appointed by the AAA president to include the president or president-elect, secretary, and section assembly convenor.
Product: Written reports to the executive board
Meetings and Schedule: To be scheduled
Staff Liaison and contact information: Elaine Lynch, American Anthropological Association, 2200 Wilson Blvd., Suite 600, Arlington, VA 22201; Phone (703) 528-1902, Fax: (703) 528-3546.