Ad Hoc Commission - Suggested Readings Bibliography
- D. Charters, et al., Intelligence Analysis and Assessment, Routledge, 1995, p. 240.
- R. Clark, Intelligence Analysis: A Target-centric Approach, CQ Press, 2007.
- S. Diamond, Compromised Campus: The Collaboration of Universities with the Intelligence Community, 1945-1955, Oxford University Press, 1992.
- A.W. Dulles, The Craft of Intelligence: America's Legendary Spymaster on the Fundamentals of Intelligence Gathering for a Free World, Lyons Press, 2006.
- R.Z. George, Intelligence and the National Security Strategist: Enduring Issues and Challenges, Rowman and Littlefield, 2005.
- R. Goolsby, Ethics and Defense Agency Funding: Some Considerations, Social Networks 27, pgs. 95-106.
- C. Grabo, Anticipating Surprise: Analysis for Strategic Warning, Joint Military intelligence College/University Press of America, 2004.
- Z. D. Gürsel & S. Hodzič, Terms of Engagement, Anthropology News, May 2007, pgs. 8-10.
- H. Gusterson & D. Price, Spies in Our Midst, Anthropology News, Sept. 2005, pgs. 39-40.
- R.J. Heuer Jr., “The Psychology of Intelligence Analysis,” Book The Psychology of Intelligence Analysis, Series The Psychology of Intelligence Analysis, ed., Editor ed.^eds., Center for the Study of Intelligence, Central Intelligence Agency, 2000, pp.
- L. Johnson, Handbook of Intelligence Studies, Routledge, 2006.
- L.K. Johnson and J.J. Wirtz, Strategic Intelligence: Windows into a Secret World, Roxbury Publishing Company, 2004.
- R. Johnston, Analytic Culture in the US Intelligence Community: An Ethnographic Study, Center for the Stidy of Intelligence, Central Intelligence Agency, 2005.
- S. Kent, Strategic Intelligence for American World Policy, Princeton University Press, 1949.
- S. Kent, “Sherman Kent and the Board of National Estimates: Collected Essays,” Book Sherman Kent and the Board of National Estimates: Collected Essays, Series Sherman Kent and the Board of National Estimates: Collected Essays, ed., Center for the Study of Intelligence, Central Intelligence Agency, 1996.
- M. Lowenthal, Intelligence: From Secrets to Policy, CQ Press, 2006.
- D. McCready, “Book Review: Anticipating Surprise: Analysis for Strategic Warning,” Military Review, vol. July-August, 2004, pp. 99-100.
- G.J.A. O'Toole, Honorable treachery: A History of United States Intelligence, Espionage, and Covert Action from the American Revolution to the CIA, Atlantic Monthly Press, 1991.
- D. Price, Threatening Anthropology: McCarthyism and the FBI's Surveillance of American Anthropologists, Duke University Press, 2004.
- J.T. Richelson, The United States Intelligence Community, Westview, 2008.
- A.N. Shulsky and G.J. Schmitt, Silent Warfare: Understanding the World of Intelligence, Brassey's Inc, 2002.
- G. Treverton, Reshaping National Intelligence for an Age of Information, Cambridge University Press, 2001.
- G. Treverton and C.B. Gabbard, Assessing the Tradecraft of Intelligence Analysis, RAND Corporation, 2008.
- G. Treverton, et al., Toward a Theory of Intelligence, RAND Corporation, 2005.