What's New with COSWA
Over the 2006-2007 year, COSWA will be working to expand the scope and reach of our mission. In addition to monitoring and reporting on issues that affect the diverse women in anthropology, COSWA also seeks to develop an interactive presence on the World Wide Web whereby individuals interested in gender parity within anthropology can have a space to engage one another as well as share concerns or issues that they may be facing.
Specific activities include:
- The initiation of an online support community. COSWA has developed a Yahoo Group whereby individuals interested in gender parity within anthropology can have a space to engage one another as well as share concerns or issues that they may be facing. See http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/coswa/ for more information. You can join by sending a blank email to email@example.com.
- Expansion of the COSWA mentoring program. See http://www.aaanet.org/committees/coswa/mentors.htm for more information.
- Expansion of COSWA resources and tools. See http://www.aaanet.org/committees/coswa/resources.htm for current resources.
- Publication of results of the 2005 Academic Climate Survey. Results will be made available on the AAA website and future publications will be announced in 2007. Please watch for more information.
- The development and administration of a climate survey of practicing anthropologists. This survey is a follow-up to the academic climate survey administered in 2005. Please watch for more information.
- Begin to actively publicize COSWA invited sessions and special events will be publicized. Papers, presentations, and photos of the events will be shared given permission of the author.
- Solicit nominations for the Squeaky Wheel Award. See Squeaky Wheel page for for information and past winners.
About AAA / Join AAA / Jobs
& Careers / AAA Meetings / AAA
Sections & Interest Groups / Staff Directory
/ Anthro Links / Support
or comments? We want to hear from you!
Contact us / AAA
© 1996-2006, American Anthropological Association
2200 Wilson Blvd, Suite 600, Arlington, VA 22201; phone 703/528-1902;