- Baker, Lee D. 1998 From Savage to Negro: Anthropology and the Construction of Race, 1896–1954. Berkeley: University of California Press.
- Bolles, A. Lynn 2001 Seeking the Ancestors: Forging a Black Feminist Tradition
in Anthropology. In Black Feminist Anthropology: Theory Politics, Praxis, and Poetics. Irma McClaurin, ed. Pp. 24–48.
New Brunswick, NJ: Rutgers University Press.
- Brodkin, Karen, Morgen, Sandra and Hutchinson, Janis 2011 Anthropology as White Public Space? American Anthropologist 113, No. 4, pp. 545–556.
- Davalos, Karen Mary 1998 Anthropology and Chicana/o Studies: The Conversation That Never Was. Aztlan 23(2):13–45.
- Deyhle, Donna 2007 Beatrice Medicine and the Anthropology of Education: Legacy and Vision for Critical Race/Critical Language Research and Praxis. Anthropology and Education Quarterly 38(3):209–220.
- Fiske, Shirley J., Bennett, Linda A., Ensworth, Patricia, , Redding, Terry, and Brondo, Keri 2010. The Changing Face of Anthropology: Anthropology Masters Reflect on Education, Careers, and Professional Organizations. AAA/CoPAPIA 2009 Anthropology MA Career www.aaanet.org/…/departments/…/ChangingFaceofAnthropologyFinal.pdf
- Gravlee, Clarence C., and Sweet, Elizabeth 2008 Race, Ethnicity, and Racism in Medical Anthropology, 1977–2002. Medical Anthropology Quarterly 22(1):27–51 38(3):209–220. (View in AnthroSource)
- Harrison, Faye, ed. 1997 Decolonizing Anthropology: Moving Further Toward an Anthropology for Liberation. Washington, DC: American Anthropological Association.
- Morgen, Sandra 1989 Gender and Anthropology: Critical Reviews for Research and Teaching. Washington, DC: American Anthropological Association.
- Mukhopadhyay, Carol C., and Yolanda T. Moses 1997 Reestablishing “Race” in Anthropological Discourse. American Anthropologist 99(3):517–533.
- Mullings, Leith 2005 Interrogating Racism: Toward an Antiracist Anthropology. Annual Review of Anthropology 34:667–693. National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Page, Enoch, and R. Brooke, Thomas 1994 White Public Space and the Construction of White Privilege in U.S. Health Care: Fresh Concepts and a New Model of Analysis. Medical Anthropology Quarterly 8(1):109–116.
- Rodriguez, Robyn Magalit Resources for Women of Color Faculty. 2013 http://robynrodriguez.com/blog/. Accessed November 29, 2013.
Schuller, Mark 2010 Mister Blan, or the Incredible Whiteness of Being an Anthropologist. In Erin Taylor, ed. Fieldwork Identities in the Caribbean. Coconut Creek, FL: Caribbean Studies Press, 125-150.