Equity for Children is looking for a new Program Manager – is it you?
If you have professional experience in the field of development, poverty, and human rights, and are looking to make a long-lasting impact as a Program Manager who is committed to advocating for children’s rights, then this position is for you.
Equity for Children (EFC) is a non-profit affiliated with the International Affairs graduate program at The New School who aims to raise awareness and promote advocacy and influential research, conduct interviews with field experts, send out monthly newsletters to subscribers, and conduct hands-on projects and collaborations with other universities and related organizations. We are partners with Equidad para la Infancia in Argentina and Equidade para a Infancia in Brazil. We envision a world where all children can enjoy their social, economic, cultural and political rights. We want to help build societies based on social justice and fair distribution of power and resources for children and their families, where all children are protected from harm and discrimination. Do you want to help us achieve the same?
We are looking for a motivated self-starter to jump right in as Program Manager and learn the ins and outs of the organization. Reporting to the Director of Equity for Children and working closely with the Director of Research and Programs, the Program Manager participates fully in all the research and programmatic activities of Equity for Children. The Program Manager provides administrative oversight and develops, manages, coordinates and helps execute Equity for Children’s initiatives. This permanent, part-time position requires 20 hours weekly.
The core responsibilities of this position span over five key areas:
- Website Management and Social Media
- Programming (Content)
- Marketing Communications
The skills and qualifications of this position include:
- Strong interest and experience in the field of children’s rights and human rights
- Highly developed project management skills, very organized and attentive to detail
- Excellent organizational, written and communications skills
- Self-motivated and collaborative, team player
- Experienced working with multi-leveled organizations, such as executive director, advisory boards and deans
- Program management and fundraising experience
- High proficiency w/ WordPress, light HTML, and databases; experience with Adobe Photoshop and FinalCutPro programs is a plus
- Proficiency in written and spoken Spanish language strongly preferred
- Preference given to recent post-graduates or students with at least 2 semesters of graduate coursework completed at The New School or other higher level post-graduate universities
To learn more about the detailed responsibilities of this position, please click here.
Time Frame: The position will start training immediately. Formal employment starts March 15th.
If you have experience working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution to promote equity for children, please submit a cover letter and resume to equityforchildren@newschool.