ACYIG is now soliciting contributions for the October 2014 issue.
Please note that we have changed the submission deadline dates. We will now accept submissions on a rolling basis between Friday, August 15, 2014 and Friday, September 5, 2014. The final deadline for submission is Friday, September 5th, 2014. If possible, please notify Aviva Sinervo of your intent to submit by the start of the rolling period (i.e. August 15th). It is our hope that this modified timeline will facilitate an enhanced review and revision process.
All material should be sent to Aviva Sinervo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please consider the following types of submissions:
- Columns (1000 words or less, including references)
- “Methods & Ethics in the Anthropology of Childhood,” in which members explore the methods and ethics associated with doing research on, or with, children
- A “Childhood & _____________” column (you fill in the blank!), in which members discuss a topic of interest to their research
- ”My Favorite Ethnography of Childhood,” in which members discuss their favorite classic or contemporary ethnography of children or childhood and why
- ”My Experiences/Intersections with Interdisciplinary Research on Children,” in which members investigate the value, pitfalls, and lessons associated with combining anthropological research with that of other disciplines to study children
- Letters to the Editor (200 words or less)
- New Book Announcements
- Professional Opportunities
- *Job announcements
- *Research Opportunities
- *Grants/Prizes Available
- *Calls for Papers/Abstracts
- *Conference Announcements
- Member News/Professional Updates
- *Recent Appointments
- *Grants Received
- *Prizes Awarded
- *Any other achievements or publications that members would like to announce
- Photos from Fieldwork (with caption of 30 words or less)
Specific formatting guidelines are available here.