The American Anthropological Association is organizing a section summit that will address the following issues. I am hoping to bring a range of responses from ALLA. Please take a moment to look at these questions and send answers to me, email@example.com. I will consolidate the answers and present them at our business meeting and as part of the section summit. Thanks, Miguel
- What skills do anthropology graduates in your area of specialization need to succeed in positions beyond the university?
- What strategies can faculty and community members adopt that would enable successful internships, class research projects, and post-graduate employment?
- How might anthropology programs evolve to face the changing job market?
- What changes in the curriculum would be useful for such students?
- Finally, how do new anthropologists gain access to that job market in your area?