Join the ASA Listserv at https://my.binhost.com/lists/listinfo/aaasec_asa to share what is happening in the ASA Section and AAA. Here are some Listserv FAQs:
- What is a listserv?
An automatic mailing list server. When e-mail is addressed to a LISTSERV mailing list (in the case of the ASA listserv it is email@example.com), it is automatically broadcast to everyone on the list. The result is similar to a newsgroup or forum, except that the messages are transmitted as e-mail and are therefore available only to individuals on the list.
- How do I sign up for the list?
Go to https://my.binhost.com/lists/listinfo/aaasec_asa to sign up for the list or add additional email addresses.
- I’m on the listserv, how do I manage my account?
Go to https://my.binhost.com/lists/listinfo/aaasec_asa and log in to manage your account. You can set digest mode, change addresses and other settings on this website.
- What is “digest mode?”
Members of the listserv who do not want each individual message sent to the list may choose a “digest” option which will send them a daily compilation of all messages sent in a 24-hour period.
- I sent a message and no one received it.
- Did you send the message from the email address that is on the list? If you use another email account to send it, it will not go through.
- Did you send a message with a large attachment? Attachments over 40mb will not go through.
- Did you “cc” others on the message? If you add addresses under “to”, “cc” or “bcc” on your mail to the list the message will not go through.
Members of ASA/AAA have access to digital versions of publications including Anthropology News,American Anthropologist and other journals, click here for more information.