*Call for Applications*
*CAE New Scholar Travel Stipend*
*AAA Annual Meeting, November 20-24, 2013, Chicago, IL *
To support participation in its activities and annual meetings, the Council
on Anthropology of Education *(CAE) awards several stipends to New Scholars
(graduate students or recent graduates) *who are selected to present a
CAE-sponsored paper or poster.
The stipends are intended to help defray expenses associated with
participating in the annual meetings. Individuals are eligible to receive
the stipend only one time, and *first-time presenters will receive priority*.
Preference is given to individuals from underrepresented US groups who meet
the criteria below on a competitive basis.
The winning awardees will be notified prior to the AAA meetings, but the
awards will be formally announced and checks given out at the CAE business
meeting held in conjunction with the AAA meetings in Chicago, IL., November
- New Scholar (graduate student or recent graduate)
- First author on a paper or poster selected for presentation in a
CAE-sponsored session at AAA 2013
- Priority given to new scholars from an underrepresented group
- Priority given to first-time presenters
- Priority given to members of AAA
- Priority given to members of CAE
*Selection Based Upon:*
1. Eligibility (see above)
2. Financial need as described
3. Quality of paper or poster
To apply, please send an email with the following information:
1. Your name, institutional affiliation, CURRENT mailing address,
telephone, and email;
2. A statement that:
a. you are a graduate student or recent graduate;
b. you are the first author on a paper or poster for a presentation in a CAE-sponsored session at AAA;
c. how many times you have presented at AAA prior to this year;
d. whether you consider yourself a member of an underrepresented group;
e. whether you are a member of AAA; and
f. whether you are a member of CAE.
3. A brief statement of financial need and how the stipend will
support your ability to present your work at CAE;
4. A copy of the abstract *and* the author data form you submitted
with your paper or poster proposal to AAA.
*Only complete applications are eligible for consideration*.
*Deadline: September 30, 2013 (receipt of material)*
To apply for this stipend, please send the information above by September
30, 2013 to:
CAE Second Year Member at Large
Chair, CAE New Scholar Travel Stipends