Call for Applications!!!
Concha Delgado Gaitan CAE Presidential Fellows Program
The Council on Anthropology and Education (CAE), a section of the American Anthropological Association (AAA), is pleased to announce the fifth year of the CAE Presidential Fellows Program. These fellowships are intended to support professional development and mentoring in the field of educational anthropology for scholars early in their academic careers. The program now proudly bears the name of educational anthropologist Concha Delgado Gaitan, and CAE is setting up an endowment fund for this program.
Up to five (5) fellowships will be awarded for the 2014-2015 academic year. Each fellowship includes:
1. The establishment of mentoring relationships with senior scholars in the field of educational anthropology, including face-to-face meetings at the Annual AAA Meeting in December 2014.
2. Participation in a professional learning community with the new cohort and previous presidential fellows and mentors.
3. A $500 travel grant to be used to attend the December 2014 Annual Meeting of the American Anthropological Association.
Eligibility: Educational anthropology doctoral students at the dissertation stage (ABD) and junior scholars up to three years after completion of the doctorate. Scholars from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Application Procedure: Applicants should submit the following materials:
1. Updated curriculum vita.
2. A statement of no more than 2 single-spaced pages, specifying scholarly and professional accomplishments, goals within the field of anthropology and education, previous involvement with CAE or AAA (if any), and areas in which mentoring will be beneficial to the applicant.
3. One letter of reference and the names of 2 additional referees.
Selection procedure: Applications are reviewed by the CAE Executive Team, consisting of the President, President-Elect, Past President, Treasurer, Secretary, and Mission Committee Chair. The review process takes into account the quality of the application, the fit between CAE’s mission and the applicant’s work, and the need for mentoring. Within each cohort, the reviewers try to ensure a broad range of interests.
Application Deadline: March 31st, 2014
Applicants notified by: April 30th, 2014
Submit applications electronically to:
Rosemary Henze, Past President of CAE: email@example.com
Anne Ríos Rojas
Brendan H. O’Connor
Nga-Wing Angela Wong
Juliette de Wolfe
Ariana Mangual Figueroa
Toni Cela Hamm
Chatwara Suwannamai Duran