Call for Applications
Council on Anthropology and Education Presidential Early Career Fellowships
The Council on Anthropology and Education (CAE), a section of the American
Anthropological Association, is pleased to announce the third year of the
CAE Presidential Early Career Fellowship Program. CAE Presidential
Fellowships are intended to support professional development and mentoring
in the field of educational anthropology for scholars early in their
Five (5) fellowships will be awarded for the 2013-2014 academic year. Each
1. A $500.00 travel grant to be used to attend the Annual Meeting of
the American Anthropological Association.
2. The establishment of mentoring relationships with senior scholars in
the field of educational anthropology, including face-to-face meetings at
the Annual AAA Meeting.
3. Participation in workshops at the Annual AAA Meeting or subsequently
on phone conferences on the following topics among others according to the
fellows’ interests and needs:
- academic writing and publishing
Eligibility: Educational anthropology doctoral students at the dissertation
stage (ABD) and junior faculty members within five years of academic
Application Procedure: Applicants should submit the following materials:
1. Updated curriculum vita.
2. A statement of no more than 2 single-spaced pages, specifying
scholarly and professional accomplishments and goals within the field of
anthropology and education.
3. One letter of reference and the names of 2 additional referees.
Application Deadline: April 15, 2013
Submit applications electronically to:
Past President for the 2012-13 CAE Presidential Fellowship Committee
Please put CAE Presidential Fellowships in the subject line.
Women and scholars from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged