The Culture & Agriculture Section of the American Anthropological Association aims to expand its on-line and social media presence. We wish to highlight the research and policy engagements of our members as well as to promote our peer-reviewed section journal, Culture, Agriculture, Food and Environment (CAFE), within and beyond anthropological audiences. To this end, C&A has created a position for a tech savvy, anthropology scholar/practitioner to manage our site and, in conjunction with the Board and the CAFE editors, initiate new forms of electronic outreach. We envisage this position as particularly appropriate for an Anthropology doctoral candidate or new PhD with interests in agrifood systems, the environment, and digital media, but encourage anthropologists at any stage with appropriate background, skills, and predilections to apply. The position carries an annual award of $1500.00, with a possibility for renewal. Application materials: Please send a current cv with names of at least two referees (both academic and work-related preferred), and a letter of interest outlining relevant skills and experience. The letter should include suggestions for digital projects or activities to heighten and extend the appeal of C&A and CAFE. Examples of previous work are also invited. Please send materials to Lisa Markowitz (email@example.com). UPDATE: Deadline for applications is September 15, 2015.
- Web Fellow Position – Apply by Sept. 15th!
- Cannabis Event at the 2015 AAAs – Save the Date
- 2015 Robert M. Netting Award
- CAFE Editor Search
- Changes to CAFE Author Guidelines
- TT Position in Anthropology of Food Systems at Ohio State
- Women’s Conference in Clearwater, Fl
- AMI 2015 Farm Fellowship
- CfP: Third Annual Workshop on Food Justice: Bringing Theory and Practice Together
- Environmental Justice: join the coal ash stakeholder briefing