Publishing Guidelines for
Teaching Anthropology: SACC Notes
A digital publication
(Revised June 2010)
• 4000 words maximum. If your paper needs to be longer, we will try to include it all if space is available.
• Style: clear language with a minimum of jargon, writing that is comprehensible to educated lay people, like the kinds of articles commonly anthologized in such readers as Annual Editions. Some of our readers like to duplicate SACC papers for their students in introductory level anthropology courses.
• Try to use as little automatic formatting as possible in your Microsoft Word document. Indent paragraphs with tab key. Use one space after periods that end sentences. Follow the American Anthropologist reference style for bibliographic citations.
• Submission: as a Microsoft Word document in an e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• We welcome photos and graphics, both color and b/w. Low-resolution photos (around 75 dpi; 300 dpi if scanned) in .jpg format work well. Email them as attachments rather than including them in the article.